Video marketing is powerful and effective, and an absolute must-have if you are blogging for business, creating social media interest, selling products or services. If you do it right and regularly, you’ll find that you are building awareness like never before and getting more customers, too.
Need convincing?. I know video marketing is effective marketing, but it’s always nice to have something other than personal experience!
Let’s take a look at the stats around video marketing
- A one minute video is worth 1.8 million words (Forrester Research)
- 46 percent of Internet Users watch video (comScore)
- 100 Million Viewers of Video Every Single Day (Wall Street Journal)
- 90 Percent of Home Buyers Use Video (National Association of Realtors)
- B2B? 75% of Executives Watch Business Videos on YouTube (Forbes)
- 65% of Executives that Watch Business Videos Visit the Website (Forbes)
- 80% of Internet Users Remember Video ads ( Online Publishers Association)
- 64% of Video Viewers Were More Likely to Buy due to a Video (comScore)
- 51% Increase in Subscriber to Lead Conversion Rates due to Video (Yahoo! Small Business)
To put it simply, if you’re not using video marketing you’re missing out on huge conversions, better brand awareness and a whole lot of cash.
What Makes a Good Video for Video Marketing?
Before you start making videos, it’s a good idea to understand what makes for a good video for video marketing. When you create a video, it’s important to have a few facts clear.
- Know your goals – You need to know why you’re doing the video. Is it to sell one particular product, brand awareness, or to report about an event? Be clear on the point of the video before you even start shooting.
- Know your audience – To make a video the right way you need to understand who you’re creating it for. If you don’t know who your audience is you could accidentally turn them away from you without meaning to.
- Tell a story – If you can turn anything you want to do on video into a way to further a story then you have a winner. If the focus is on the audience understanding the story you’re trying to tell, then the video will be more effective.
- Keep it short & simple – There are few times when the video should be longer than 4 or 5 minutes. The best course is to try to keep it down to about 2 or 3 minutes so that people don’t get bored. Plus, it will force you to cut things that aren’t relevant.
- Develop a Script – The best thing you can do is create a script as well as a short list. My goto method is bullet points if its you on camera While you don’t want the video to appear as if you’re stiffly reading something, you do not want to miss anything important when you tape the video.
- Get the right lighting – Hardly anything is more important than light. You can use lamps that you can buy relatively inexpensively to help light up the shot better. Test out how the shot looks before you commit to the recording.
- Ensure great sound – The other important part of your video is the sound and it’s really just as important as the light if you want people to hear your message. Test out the sound, and you can even do a voice over if you can’t get the sound accurate with the mic on your camera.
- Optimise for SEO – Getting seen is not going to happen automatically. You must ensure that the description, title, tags, annotations and call to action are impeccable so that you get more views and more answers to your call to action.
- Do more than one – One video is not video marketing. It’s just a random video. Video marketing should be a planned and regular addition to your content marketing efforts. Much like your website will look empty with just one blog post, you’ll need a few videos to really be engaged in video marketing.
Video marketing is an important part of content marketing today because of the ease of the available technology, and that some of the public prefers video over text. If you give it enough thought and consideration, you’re sure to develop an effective video marketing campaign for your audience.
what videos are you currently making and are they working for you?
If you are struggling but know you have to get the video aspect of your marketing working hard for you with results then book in a FREE discovery call with me and we can work out exactly how you can move forward.